Unique words are uncommon words that reflects your site features and informations. Search engine metrics are not intended to use unique words as ranking factor but it is still useful to get a proper picture of your site contents. Using positive unique words like complete, perfect, shiny, is a good idea user experience.
Stop words are common words like all the preposition, some generic words like download, click me, offer, win etc. since most used keyword may be a slight factor for visitors you are encouraged to use more unique words and less stop words.
Text/HTML Ratio Test:
h1 status is the existence of any content inside h1 tag. Although not important like Meta titles and descriptions for search engine ranking but still a good way to describe your contents in search engine result.
h2 status less important but should be used for proper understanding of your website for visitor.
robots.txt is text file that reside on website root directory and contains the instruction for various robots (mainly search engine robots) for how to crawl and indexing your website for their webpage. robots.txt contains the search bots or others bots name, directory list allowed or disallowed to be indexing and crawling for bots, time delay for bots to crawl and indexing and even the sitemap url. A full access or a full restriction or customized access or restriction can be imposed through robots.txt.
robots.txt is very important for SEO. Your website directories will be crawled and indexed on search engine according to robots.txt instructions. So add a robots.txt file in your website root directory. Write it properly including your content enriched pages and other public pages and exclude any pages which contain sensitive information. Remember robots.txt instruction to restrict access to your sensitive information of your page is not formidable on web page security ground. So do not use it on security purpose.
Sitemap is a xml file which contain full list of your website urls. It is used to include directories of your websites for crawling and indexing for search engine and access for users. it can help search engine robots for indexing your website more fast and deeply. It is roughly an opposite of robots.txt You can create a sitemap.xml by various free and paid service or you can write it with proper way (read about how write a sitemap).
Also keep these things in mind:
1) Sitemap must be less than 10 MB (10,485,760 bytes) and can contain maximum 50,000 urls. if you have more uls than this create multiple sitemap files and use a sitemap index file.
2) Put your sitemap in website root directory and add the url of your sitemap in robots.txt.
3) sitemap.xml can be compressed using grip for faster loading.
Broken link: a broken link is an inaccessible link or url of a website. a higher rate of broken links have a negative effect on search engine ranking due to reduced link equity. it also has a bad impact on user experience. There are several reasons for broken link. All are listed below.
1) An incorrect link entered by you.
2) The destination website removed the linked web page given by you. (A common 404 error).
3) The destination website is irreversibly moved or not exists anymore. (Changing domain or site blocked or dysfunctional).
4) User may behind some firewall or alike software or security mechanism that is blocking the access to the destination website.
5) You have provided a link to a site that is blocked by firewall or alike software for outside access.
Internal Vs. External Links
Domain IP Information:
NoIndex , NoFollow, DoDollow Links:
NoIndex : noindex directive is a meta tag value. noindex directive is for not to show your website on search engine results. You must not set ‘noindex’ as value in meta tags if you want to be your website on search engine result.
By default, a webpage is set to “index.” You should add a
<meta name="robots" content="noindex" /> directive to a webpage in the <head> section of the HTML if you do not want search engines to crawl a given page and include it in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
DoFollow & NoFollow : nofollow directive is a meta tag value. Nofollow directive is for not to follow any links of your website by search engine bots. You must not set ‘nofollow’ as value in meta tags if you want follow your link by search engine bots.
By default, links are set to “follow.” You would set a link to “nofollow” in this way:
<a href="http://www.example.com/" rel="nofollow">Anchor Text</a> if you want to suggest to Google that the hyperlink should not pass any link equity/SEO value to the link target.
SEO Friendly Links:
An SEO friendly link is roughly follows these rules. The url should contain dash as a separator, not to contain parameters and numbers and should be static urls.
To resolve this use these techniques.
1) Replace underscore or other separator by dash, clean url by deleting or replaceing number and parameters.
2) Marge your www and non www urls.
3) Do not use dynamic and related urls. Create an xml sitemap for proper indexing of search engine.
4) Block unfriendly and irrelevant links through robots.txt.
5) Endorse your canonical urls in canonical tag.
Depreciated HTML Tag:
HTML Page Size:
HTML page size is the one of the main factors of webpage loading time. It should be less than 100 KB according to google recommendation. Note that, this size not including external css, js or images files. So small page size less loading time.
To reduce your page size do this steps
1) Move all your css and js code to external file.
2) make sure your text content be on top of the page so that it can displayed before full page loading.
3) Reduce or compress all the image, flash media file etc. will be better if these files are less than 100 KB
Micro Data Schema Test:
IP Canonicalization Test:
URL Canonicalization Test:
<link rel="canonical" href="https://mywebsite.com/home" />
<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.mywebsite.com/home" />
Both refer to the link mywebsite.com/home. So all the different url with same content or page now comes under the link or url mywebsite.com/home. Which will boost up your search engine ranking by eliminating content duplication. Use canonical tag for all the same urls.
Plain Text Email Test:
Plain text email address is vulnerable to email scrapping agents. An email scrapping agent crawls your website and collects every Email address which written in plain text. So existence of plain text email address in your website can help spammers in email Harvesting. This could be a bad sign for search engine.
To fight this you can obfuscate your email addresses in several ways:
1) CSS pseudo classes.
2) Writing backward your email address.
3) Turn of display using css.
5) Using wordpress and php (wordpress site only).