- Announcement of Schedule for General Elections to Lok Sabha and Legislative Assemblies in Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Odisha & Sikkim, 2019 has been announced. Poll will be held in 7 Phases from 11th April 2019 till 19th May 2019. Counting of votes will be held on 23rd May 2019.
- Desisting usage of photographs of Defence personnel-General Advisory to Political Parties
- Electors Photo Identity Card or one of the ELEVEN specified photo identity documents, essential for casting vote
- Photo Voter slips not to be valid as stand-alone identification document for voting.
- Beware of fake news in social media informing that “Those who hold Indian passport, can now vote online for 2019 elections.” There is no online voting facility for any category of voter. Overseas Indians may submit application for enrollment in form 6A online at nvsp.in or by using Voter helpline mobile app. To Cast the vote on the date of poll, an overseas elector may come to his designated Polling station with his Passport as document for identification.
Presently there are approximately 10,35,918 Polling Stations in the 12 country, as compared to approximately 9,28,000 Polling Stations set up during Lok Sabha election, 2014. This marks an increase of nearly 10.1% Polling Stations. This increase is largely due to rationalization of Polling Stations, which the Commission undertook in the recent years.